The Frogmarch

"I've got to pull up my stakes and roll, man." --Jean-Jacques Libris de Kerouac

Friday, July 13, 2007

Raymond Carver, Watch Your Back

Some good news today: One of my short stories, "Johnny Cash Beset By Darkness", has been accepted for publication in the summer issue of StorySouth. I wrote this for a fiction workshop at the Carrboro ArtsCenter a couple of years back, but was never really 100% happy with the opening or the central metaphor. I had been submitting it to literary journals, along with a couple of other stories, in a rather half-assed manner--having had other priorities and very limited free time--and had only collected a short stack of rejection notices (eight, which isn't actually all that bad). So yeah, I was pretty pleased to get the news. Bite me, Ploughshares.

Anyway, it's my first fiction publication since some embarrassing efforts in the campus litmag back in college. I'll give y'all a heads-up when it's published so you can check it out.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with France.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mucho Congratulations! We'll look forward to it.


    Now if I could just get over that oxymoron: "Carrboro Arts Center".

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done, Bubba!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home