The Frogmarch

"I've got to pull up my stakes and roll, man." --Jean-Jacques Libris de Kerouac

Friday, November 21, 2008

Maceo! Blow Ya Horn!

I'm not one to toot my own horn unnecessarily, but right about now I'ma hit it from the top like the JBs...

One of my short stories, the one I mentioned here last year, was nominated for
the 2008 Pushcart Prize. Here's what one reviewer had to say:

"an amazing piece of fiction… this tale dives deep into the cold, fresh waters of [Frog's] unique writing voice. The result is a classic tale which stays with the reader. I can't complement [the editor] enough for selecting this perfect story.”


You can be forgiven for thinking "yeah, but on his blog we get 7 paragraphs of dreck about doing laundry..."

3 Comments:

  • At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sure, your blog may be about laundry and whatnot, but we're awfully glad you're not living the life of Sideshow Bob there. Vive le laundry! And congratulations!

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Frogmarch said…

    "You don't have to be able to *read* to enjoy The Springfield Review of Books... why, just look at these amusing caricatures of Gore Vidal and Susan Sontag!"

     
  • At 3:47 AM, Blogger Pat F. said…

    Hey, way to go! I'll be rooting for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home