The Frogmarch

"I've got to pull up my stakes and roll, man." --Jean-Jacques Libris de Kerouac

Monday, April 28, 2008

A Few Words

Sincerest apologies to those of you who rush to the 'puter each morning immediately upon waking to see if there's anything new on The Frogmarch... these past two weeks we've been on vacation in Italy. A week in Venice and a week in Umbria, with a Riviera stopover on the way back--all very successful and enjoyable, with photos and whatnot to come once I get my camera unloaded and so forth, deal with the bills that have piled up, and, uh, get our heat and hot water working again.

Yes, just as with the last time we went to Italy, our chaudiere--the infernal-combustion device that heats our water and the radiators-- has gone into Cylon mode (The chaudieres were created by man. They evolved...they rebelled).

I had hoped to pop into a cybercafe once or twice while in Italy, but the opportunity never arose; in Venice we were too busy trying to cram in as many museums/churches/historic sites/boat trips as possible, and in Umbria there just aren't many cybercafes around in towns without stoplights. Oh well.

Hopefully there are still a few of you out there who haven't deleted this site from your Bookmarks for good.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger Pat F. said…

    How did I just KNOW you were a Battlestar fan?

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantаstiс beat ! I would liκe
    tο аpprentiсе at thе same
    time аs you amend your web site, how could i subscгibe for а blog wеb ѕite?
    The account aided mе a appгoрriate deal.

    I have been tinу bit acquaintеd of this your bгoаԁcаst prоviԁed
    vivіd trаnsparent іԁea

    Here іѕ my ωeblog awesome toys

     

Post a Comment

<< Home